replacement plaque Memorial Church

Reconstruction and Rededication

Seven years after the Great Earthquake, the Memorial Church reopens its doors. The material resurrection of Stanford’s “architectural crown jewel” reinstates religious and musical life on campus.

Memorial Church postcard by Stanley A. Piltz, c. 1930s. The tower and rose window were not reconstructed after 1906.

 

Featured image: Memorial Church’s replacement dedicatory plaque