Second Sunday Family Day
August 9 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: CANTOR ARTS CENTER & THE ANDERSON COLLECTION - Map Link
Drop-in Studio: Experiment with art materials and new techniques by participating in the hands-on art-making experience. All visitors, regardless of age, ability, or familiarity with the creative process, are encouraged to attend.
Art Packs: Check out an Art Pack that includes themed activities for visitors of all ages and supplies for sketching while visiting the galleries.Sunday Spotlight: 15-minute gallery talk for all ages. Talks start at 11:30 am and continue throughout the day on the half hour through 2:30 pm.
Activity Table: Inspired by artists and art on view in the galleries, the activity table offers visitors of all ages an opportunity to take a break to make between gallery visits.
Storytime: Stories for all ages read aloud by museum educators and special guests
The Anderson Collection offers family activities every Second Sunday of the month in collaboration with the Cantor Arts Center! The museum offers short family-focused museum tours at 12:30 pm, hands-on art activities outside and inside, and Art Boxes to check out for drawing in the galleries. Come back every month for different themes, activities, and art.
Second Sunday is for everyone. You are welcome here.
Second Sunday at the Cantor is made possible through the generous support of the HOHBACH FAMILY FUND.
Free for everyone
- CANTOR ARTS CENTER & THE ANDERSON COLLECTION - Map Link
- General Public
- Cantor Arts Center, Anderson Collection at Stanford University
- Contact Email:
- Event Categories:
- Anderson Collection, Art Making, Art Talk, Arts, Cantor Arts Center, Diversity, Education, Environment / Sustainability, Family Day, Family Sunday, gallery talk, Health / Wellness, Humanities, Public Service, Science, Second Sunday, Social Event, Stanford Museums, Sunday, Visual
- August 9, 2020, 11:00 am
- July 8 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- July 12 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- August 15 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm