- This event has passed.
Music and the Brain Symposium: Music Information Retrieval and Data Science
Free with registration
May 14, 2016 5:00 pm - May 15, 2016 1:00 am
Location: CCRMA Stage, The Knoll - Map Link
The Music and the Brain Symposium attempts to raise awareness of the effects of music on the brain with talks on music, neuroscience, and health.
- Elaine Chew, Queen Mary University of London: Music, Mathematics, and Models of the Ineffable
- Douglas Eck, Google: Deep Learning on Large Music Datasets
- Trevor Hastie, Stanford: Sparse Linear Models
- Karthik Ramasamy, Twitter: Heron
- Ye Wang, National University of Singapore: Sound, Music, and Wearable Computing for eLearning and eHealth
This event will also feature a poster session with students from CCRMA, Stanford Statistics, and related departments presenting research related to music information retrieval and data science.
Sponsored by the Scott and Annette Turow Fund.