|Square Footage||2,111 sq ft|
|Capacity||Accommodates more than 500|
|Function||Can be used for student group meetings, performances, events etc.|
|Lighting||No stage lighting - normal ceiling light fixtures|
|Comments||Please submit a reservation application at least two weeks prior to the event. The Toyon Staff considers applications at meetings, typically held on Sunday at 9pm. Absolutely no alcohol is allowed. If your application is submitted less than a week before the event, it is unlikely to succeed, and you may not even get a response.|
– In order to be issued keys to Toyon, you need to contact the Housing Front Desk Coordinator (FDC) for Toyon. The keys can be picked up in The Mark Taper Center, 615 Escondido Road located between Crothers and Crothers Memorial. For events occurring over the weekend, keys should be picked up on Friday. For events occurring during the week, keys can be picked up the morning of the event. Should you neglect to get keys, you can also call 725-1602, but you may be asked to pay a fee of $100 to gain access to the building.
– A University account number and permission to charge the amount to cover damages incurred or violations to the University Residence Agreement, during the event must also be provided.
Responsibility for Damages:
– The applicant agrees to pay any damage or costs, to Stanford University, arising from the use of the property by the applicant, sponsoring organization, and by anyone associated with that event. Any costs or damages not paid will be considered a debt to Stanford University and registration holds may be instituted.
Security, I.D., and Damage Control for Large Events and Parties:
– Please attach a detailed plan for handling security, I.D., and damage control for large events and all parties. Include names and phone numbers of those responsible for security and I.D. check. Full responsibility for security and clean-up belongs to the group sponsoring the event, NOT Toyon RAs and other staff. Please provide name(s) of person(s) at the event who have had Stanford party planning/serving training and attach approved Stanford party application.
– Please refer to the Parties Guide at https://alcohol.stanford.edu/party-planning/party-planning
Common Space Use and Clean-up Expectations:
– The lounge, lobby, restrooms, outside area, and any other areas visited by guests must be left clean and furnishings must be returned to its original location as indicated by the FDC or facilities.