Well known as the home of the Stanford Football team, the stadium also hosted musical events in its early years. Performances in the inaugural year included Gounod’s Faust, conducted by Warren D. Allen. Seating capacity was originally 60,000. 10,200 seats were added in 1925, and an additional 14 rows in 1927, increasing the stadium to a maximum capacity of 85,500. The recent renovation, completed in 2006, reduced the number of seats to 50,000.