Off the Farm supports students’ exposure to professional arts off-campus. Operated in partnership with ResEd, neighborhood residents attend museums, performances, and hands-on workshops throughout the Bay Area. Trips often incorporate educational engagement to deepen students' knowledge and appreciation of modes of creative expression.
All activities must be in accordance with current University safety policies. For more information, visit healthalerts.stanford.edu/
- Activities must be directly related to the arts and is located within one of the nine Bay Area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma) and Monterey County.
- Activity takes place during the academic year (September-June).
- Funds cannot be used to pay Stanford affiliates.
Requirements for Grant Recipients
- Grant recipients are expected to work with their Neighborhood team to process all logistics and transactions relating to the proposed activity, and to ensure that all transactions and activities adhere to University policies.
- Upon completion of the activity, grant recipients will submit a short final report to their Neighborhood Council. Grant recipients are encouraged to include photos (with photographer credit) from the activity as part of their report.
- If the project/activity is no longer taking place, please notify your Neighborhood Council to discuss next steps.
Looking for an idea for your excursion? View a list of suggestions compiled by the OVPA team from the breadth of cultural and artistic activities in the Bay Area this academic year.
Additional Resources & Planning Tips
- Group & student discounts: Most Bay Area arts organizations offer group and/or student discounts. (Discounts may not be available for special events, such as touring circus and musical acts.) Always explore these options as part of your planning process. Information is usually located on the ticketing/admissions webpages.
- Explore regional and community arts groups: Arts and culture doesn't just exist in big Bay Area cities--there are many amazing organizations throughout the region.
- Major campus events and religious observances: You can learn more about potential dates through the following campus resources: