artsCatalyst Grants foster interdisciplinary arts experiences that enhance classroom experiences for undergraduate students. These grants fund guest speaker honoraria and supplemental activity materials.
All activities must be in accordance with current University safety policies. For more information, visit healthalerts.stanford.edu/
Activities could include (but are not limited to):
- Attending a virtual performance or film screening
- Virtual museum visits
- Online workshop with a guest artist
- Virtual walking tours with local experts
- Guest speakers who address professional development opportunities/career paths involving the arts
- Activities or guest speakers must be directly related to the arts
- Course takes place during Autumn, Winter, Spring, or Summer quarter.
- Funds cannot be used to pay for required class materials, course fees, or to pay Stanford affiliates.
For 2020-21, priority will be given to the following:
- Arts activities/experiences in non-arts departments
- Arts activities/experiences in introductory courses (particularly those for frosh & sophomores)
- Arts activities/experiences in arts departments relating to career pathways
Faculty and academic staff teaching undergraduate courses in any department
- Fall 2020 Classes--APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Application Opens: August 24, 2020
- Application Deadline: September 20, 2020 @ 11:59pm (Pacific)
- Winter 2021 Classes--APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Application Opens: October 19, 2020
- Application Deadline: November 22, 2020 @ 11:59pm (Pacific)
- Spring 2021 Classes
- Application Opens: February 15, 2021
- Application Deadline: March 14, 2021 @ 11:59pm (Pacific)
- Summer 2021 Classes
- Application Opens: May 3, 2021
- Application Deadline: May 30, 2021 @ 11:59pm (Pacific)
Applications reviews will begin after each deadline. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions within 1-3 weeks.
- Grants range from $250-$1,000
- Instructors can request artsCatalyst funding for multiple courses as long as the total requested is under $1,000 per academic year.
- Requests are only reviewed for the upcoming quarter. Instructors applying for multiple quarters will need to submit separate applications.
- Funding (full or partial) is not guaranteed.
- Grant recipients are expected to work with their department/program financial administrator to process all logistics and transactions relating to the proposed activity, and to ensure that all transactions and activities adhere to University policies.
- Grant recipients may receive partial grants. In these situations the grant recipient should work with their department/program to find additional funds for the proposed activity.
- Upon completion of the activity, grant recipients will submit a short final report. Grant recipients are encouraged to include photos (with photographer credit) from the activity as part of their report.
- If the project/activity is no longer taking place, please notify Sabrina Wilensky to discuss next steps.