For arts-related projects/events beyond the classroom that enrich the campus community.
- All activities must be in accordance with current University safety policies. For more information, visit healthalerts.stanford.edu/
- Project/event must be completed by August 1, 2022
- Funds cannot be used to support conference attendance/travel by students.
- Funds cannot be used to pay Stanford affiliates.
- Open to all Stanford faculty, academic staff, and administrative staff.
- Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to discuss their proposal with their department leadership prior to applying.
- Graduate students are eligible for independent projects not affiliated with masters/doctoral research. (Funds cannot be used for conference attendance/travel.)
- Graduate students are encourage to explore additional funding opportunities through VPGE.
Proposals are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year until funds are expended.
Applications should be submitted at least 4-6 weeks in advance of the project/event to allow for sufficient review time.
- Grants range from $500-$1,000
- Limit of one Faculty Small Grant per applicant per academic year.
- Funding (full or partial) is not guaranteed.
- Grant recipients are expected to work with their department/program financial administrator to process all logistics and transactions relating to the proposed activity, and to ensure that all transactions and activities adhere to University policies.
- Grant recipients may receive partial grants. In these situations the grant recipient should work with their department/program to find additional funds for the proposed activity.
- Upon completion of the activity, grant recipients will submit a short final report. Grant recipients are encouraged to include photos (with photographer credit) from the activity as part of their report.
- If the project/activity is no longer taking place, please notify Sabrina Wilensky to discuss next steps.