- This event has passed.
Tara Naoko Ohrtman, soprano
Location: online at the Department of Music site
Tara Naoko Ohrtman, soprano, performs a voice recital with accompanist Steven Lightburn, piano, recently recorded at Braun Music Center’s courtyard. This video performance will premiere at the Department of Music website Friday, June 25th and remain viewable on demand until July 25th.
Tara recently completed her final quarter at Stanford Law School. She received a Certificate in Vocal Performance at Princeton University, where she was an active member and soloist with the Princeton Glee Club and the Princeton Chamber Chorale, as well as a founding member of the Princeton Opera Company. She has sung with the Stanford Chamber Chorale and been seen in the Department of Music’s production of Sondheim’s A Little Night Music and as the mezzo soloist in Leonard Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms with the Stanford Symphonic Chorus.
- Giacomo Puccini “Quando m’en vo” from La Bohème
- Francis Poulenc “C” from Deux poèmes de Louis Aragon
- Samuel Barber “Sure on this shining night”
- Richard Strauss Zueignung
- Francis Poulenc Selections from Banalités
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart “In quali eccessi, o numi…Mi tradì quell’alma ingrata” from Don Giovanni
- Johann Strauss II “Klänge der Heimat” (Csárdás) from Die Fledermaus
A downloadable concert program is available here.