Opportunities for extracurricular arts projects on campus
Student Arts Grants enhance the rich and varied cultural landscape throughout campus by supporting the creation and presentation of arts projects by current Stanford students. These grants provide financial support for producing on-campus performances and exhibitions featuring Stanford students.
These grants are administered by the Office of the Vice President for the Arts. Grants are made possible by generous gifts from Leslie and George Hume, the Drs. Ben and A. Jess Shenson Fund, and The Stanford Fund.
Projects must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Music, dance, theater, spoken word, performance art, film, visual art, fashion/textiles, digital media, and interactive art
- For festivals and other special events, there must be a direct connection to the arts (i.e. performances/exhibitions by campus arts groups)
- Publications must prominently feature student visual art and/or creative writing
- Extracurricular (not related to academic requirements or capstone projects)
- Collaborative (no solo projects)
- Performed/exhibited on the Stanford campus by the end of the current academic year
- Event is organized and produced by current undergraduate/co-term Stanford students
- Projects/events featuring non-Stanford students as the lead artists/performers are only eligible for Special Opportunity Grants
- Has a campus sponsor
- Appropriate use of grant funds.
All grants are awarded on a project basis.
- Each project sponsor may not receive more than $5,000 in Student Arts Grant funding in a single academic year.
- Each project can only submit one application per year
Summer 2019 Projects/Events: Student Arts Grants are not available for Summer 2019 projects. As an alternative, check out some of the other campus opportunities on our Grants & Awards page.
Academic Year 2019-20 Deadlines
September TBD, 2019 @ 11:59 PM (Pacific)
October TBD, 2019 @ 11:59 PM (Pacific)
November TBD, 2019 @ 11:59 PM (Pacific)
January TBD, 2020 @ 11:59 PM (Pacific)
February TBD, 2020 @ 11:59 PM (Pacific)
March TBD, 2020 @ 11:59 PM (Pacific)
April TBD, 2020 @ 11:59 PM (Pacific)
All Student Arts Grant opportunities use a single application which includes: