The Office of the Vice President for the Arts oversees the campus process for approving temporary public art projects.
Members of the Stanford community (faculty, staff, and students) are eligible to submit proposals for consideration.
- All projects must have a departmental sponsor and a project lead who can commit to ensuring the logistical and financial execution of the project.
- Any structures created as part of the project must be temporary.
- Submit an inquiry application via email, which includes the following:
- Project Contacts
- Departmental Sponsor
- Project Location(s)
- Project Narrative
- Project Budget
- Project Timeline
- The Office of the Vice President for the Arts will review your inquiry and determine which approvals are needed from campus offices.
- Applicant obtains required approvals from campus offices (i.e. Planning, Public Safety, R&DE, SAL, OSEP, etc) and submits final proposal to Office of the Vice President for the Arts.
- Upon final approval by the Office of the Vice President for the Arts, project is permitted to execute temporary public art project in specific location(s).